Peter Molyneux’s 22Cans announces GODUS
22Cans describe Godus as a “delightful reinvention of the god game”. It looks like the game will be based on Populous to some degree, which is the first god game ever created, by no other than Peter Molyneux himself.
Here are the game details that 22Cans decided to share:
- An essential part of GODUS is single player. We all love to take the time to hone our godly powers before venturing into the exciting multiplayer crusades.
- It’s a living world, unique and detailed. And it’s a world you influence, whether you’re good or evil.
- GODUS is instantly accessible, easy to learn but immensely deep.
- As you flourish and build your own cult, you’ll engage in pitched battles with other gods and their cults. It’s a multiplayer power-struggle the way it should be.
- GODUS draws on the cunning battle-psychology of Dungeon Keeper, the living, changing world of Black & White and the instinctive, satisfying gameplay of Populous.
- Plus you get to be a god. In fact, play well and you get to be the ultimate god!
- GODUS will be developed for the PC and Mobile devices, we hope to be able to add more platforms as our Kickstarter campaign progresses
In any case, check out the project GODUS on Kickstarter and throw a couple of bucks…well, pounds its way. Depending on the amount you donate, you’ll also get access to a bunch of exclusive content like forum access, design documents, achievements, beta and alpha versions of the game, honorary mentiones, signed t-shirts and much, much more! 5 donators will even go to E3 next year as honorary guests of Peter Molyneux. 2 out of those 5 seats are already taken, but if you’re rich and bored, or just curious, check out the amount you have to donate for that adventure.
Also, here’s a short project GODUS video published on the official 22Cans channel. Although it’s too early to discuss release dates, it’s safe to assume that we won’t be seeing the beta version of Godus before June, 2013. In any case, there’s no doubt that we have a serious contender for the best mobile god game ever.